K-Cup Cleaning & Descaling Kit
Urnex Cleaning and Descaling Kit is all you need to properly maintain your K-Cup® brewer. The descaling liquid removes limescale from the heating elements to ensure proper brewing temperature is achieved. The cleaning cup ensures that the oily residue will be removed from the exit spout, which if left uncleaned can cause bitter-tasting coffee.
You should maintain your K-Cup® brewer by descaling every 3 months, or more often if you live in an area with hard water. Cleaning cups can be used weekly, or as needed when switching between sweetened beverages and coffee and tea.
Step 1: Descaler
- Empty descaling packet into empty reservoir.
- Add water to fill reservoir.
- Brew full reservoir. Discard remaining solution and rinse with water.
- Fill with water and brew full reservoir of fresh water.
- Repeat 2 more times to ensure brewer is fully flushed out.
Step 2: Cleaning Cup
- Place cleaning cup into brewer.
- Brew largest size cup twice using the same cleaning cup.
- Remove cleaning cup from brewer and discard.
- Brew largest cup size of water twice to rinse.